Have an A5 iDevice and want to jaibreak? Did you follow all the tutorials (video or otherwise) but still get stuck on “Absinthe is now setting things up, please stand-by”?
Don’t worry you are not alone and there is a solution.
You can find great jailbreaking guides of using absinthe to jailbreak your iPad 2 or iPhone 4s at any of the following:
The guides mentioned above will help people jailbreak their devices with no issues. However, below are two workarounds i found that fix stuck jailbreaking processes.
There are two fixes to jailbreaking stubborn iDevices:
Fix 1 (comments from multiple forums and members of the jailbreak community)
The absinthe jailbreak method should work without erasing the data on the device and without re-initializing your settings, however, sometimes you will need to erase everything and remove all your apps. For this method do the following:
- Backup your iDevice through iTunes (this is save all your data, apps, and settings)
- Reset your device
- Open Settings app on your device (figure 1)
- Select General->Reset (figure 2)
- Erase All Content and Settings (figure 3)
The device will now reboot and then the setup wizard interface will pop up to allow you to configure your device, you will follow the steps but skip entering your apple id and then re-run the jailbreak application from your PC. If this method doesn’t work (even after doing it a hundred times) then proceed to the next fix
Fix 2 (Discovered by trial and error of 3 days)
Sometimes the first fix (erasing content) is not enough to solve the issue of a failed jailbreak so we have try a more strict method. You will require the corresponding IPSW to do a factory restore.
- Open iTunes
- Connect device and select it from the left panel
- While pressing the shift key on the keyboard click on the restore button on the left panel
- Select your IPSW from the browse dialog and wait for your device to restore and reinstall the IOS
- Follow the setup wizard interface to configure your device, you will follow the steps but skip entering your apple id and then re-run the jailbreak application from your PC. If this method doesn’t work (even after doing it a hundred times) then proceed to the next fix.
I hope one of these fixes help you jailbreak your iPad 2 or iPhone 4S. If you still have trouble, feel free to leave comments and i will do my best to help you through it.
If you liked the article, don’t forget to share it on Twitter, Facebook, google+ using the buttons below